Wednesday 3 June 2009

Considering One


Considering One...... Will I speak of the Lord Almighty or speak about some powerful being. No, here "one" refers to the number one. Hey don't ever come to any sort of conclusions. I am not here to speak about my arithmetic knowledge which i am fairly bad at. I am going to speak about the importance of the number "One" in our life. We all have read the email which was in the circulation discussing about the importance of the number one for a mother, athlete, student and list would go on...... I never cared for such facts in my life. But today, I think I had my share of coming close to the truth that it is indeed important...the number one. I received my report card two days back and to my surprise I found that I failed in a coursework, which I was confident of getting across. I scored 39 marks in it. "Just falling short of ONE mark". Basically, I am a lazy bag, and I spend my free times lying on bed and on my lappy. But the very fear of losing out for a mark made me jump out of cozy bed and rush to college....braving the harsh English weather on the Wednesday morning. For the first time the 'little one' mark difference seemed to be a mile away. Previously, when I used to come across the discussions that my friends and fellow students back in my engineering days had about how they lost the markings for a mark....I used to reassure that it was just a mark and the difference is little. But now I feel how important is that one mark. I was so down with it. Many of my friends told me that it is a matter of one mark and they might put you across the line. This time I was at the receiving end....... Many thoughts came running to me........I was scared....of losing my self confidence. It was about the failure. I was battling hard to come over it. In this fight, a thought about failures came into my pea sized brain. The saying goes this way: "The mountains of success rises from the valley of failures" This particular line gave me immense strength. It is true. Failures are reminders and teachers. More we fail, more we learn to fight back and win. To jump to heights of success we need to first touch the ground. This little one mark showed me its might. It was a difference between a valley to the mountain peak.

2 comments:

  1. //This little one mark showed me its might. //

    Indeed..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its hard to cover that difference....

    ReplyDelete