Wednesday 15 July 2009

Commitments.

I am back. But I am too disappointed, the way I am back and what I am writing now.

What does a relationship takes to be a successful one...well I haven't figured it out yet, though going through an intense one...may be some day in my life I would surely get it or by the end of this post.

Its so sad sitting at the end of a beautiful relation I had. Yes, today after 4 months and a week, you may feel that it's only four months and why is this guy behaving like a typical Bloke...These four months got my life out of the hidden box which was buried very deep within my dark heart. People who are really close to me when I was back In India and now here have seen that change in me. It has come to a tragic end. My friends who have already gone through this would say, "Welcome to the club".

I have heard my stories about the relationships getting ended due to many reasons..some were very silly though. I have also read about some who kept the fire burning..I took care of all these things, so that I would be successful in mine...But could not.
When I got it confirmed that we can no more be together in this morning, I was at the very shocking moment of my life. I went numb and was hard to see. I learned that it was the "time", we couldn't give each other (due to the professional commitments). But aren't there other couples who are not tied to these commitments?It seems to be another story, but this true. I lost, due to the lack of time.

Wise people say that time is a good healer and a teacher. But for me time had always been a competitor. Many times I took the lead and laughed at it. But what I did not realise is that time was full of grace as God is time (I am the alpha and the Omega, Revelations Chapter1, Verse 8, King James Version). I was arrogant. Now it has hit me hard. Now when I sit and speak to God, He simply laughs at my plans.

I tried to work out many things to overcome the professional commitments, but then, the personal commitments are more stronger. I had to give up and accept the fact that it is the end.
Relations are not just held by being sweet and caring. It needs devotion, a proper one. Understanding in a relationship is mostly misunderstood by most of us. We think that having similar dislikes and likes and comprising some of your likes and dislikes for your partner is a true understanding. Understanding is a need. We have to sense and know what the other soul is accepting from us, and how we should deliver them.

Well putting some more light onto it from numb heart and mind, I feel that relationship is like running a marathon. An athlete would know better.It needs commitment. Commitment is a belief in relationship permanence and the understanding that at times your union will need a life-jacket to stay afloat.Commitment is a very personal process. Unfortunately, for some it will mean blind dedication to a union that rarely meets their needs; while others eschew commitment and impulsively use the ebb and flow of happiness as the gauge whether to stay or leave. Both of these approaches are flawed. Ideally, commitment will remain in place as happiness comes and goes and your relationship finds its footing along life's shifting terrain.

One of the greatest challenges to commitment lies in the instant-gratification mindset--the idea that I deserve to have what I want when I want it. The settings to our pleasure barometer have been altered and humans are less willing to deal with frustrating circumstances or anything that feels like it stands in the way of immediate happiness. This poses a problem for relationships.

Therefore when decisions are made about relationship based solely on the need to feel happy (all the time), commitment is abandoned along with the rich opportunities that are essential for a relationship to grow thereby terminating the life of a relationship.

So, friends and whoever would read this blog, and in case, if you are in a relationship, please have a commitment to what you are looking from your relationship. Do not go for a sweet talks, cute things and sideline the pale word commitment. You would never know the fruits of the true commitments. You could criticize me for not following these sutras..you are right...You don't realize till you experience it.I have faced it.

This what I realized.....may more yet to come in near future......

No comments:

Post a Comment