Monday 10 August 2009

Home

Home...for me has a different meaning altogether. Back in India (sad to use this), I never felt the importance of home. It was just another place where I could stay. But the very walk into the departure terminal of Mumbai airport and gates closing behind me, fired a series of feelings which after 8 months took a shape. I was quite excited about my new beginning here..

But today, those feelings are very clear to me and moist my eyes. Every morning I wake up to see that I dont have my beloved mommy preparing breakfast for me...nor I have a reassuring sight of my daddy. Its been ages where I have almost forgot what breakfast looks like and tastes like....

Here I have all the comforts I can have, but what I dont have is the warm feeling of my beloved home. This is a country where everything you do is accepted. But still I walk with a fear somewhere hidden deep inside my heart. Back in India, we have to think of everystep we take, as we are bound to the customs and traditions.But these things seem more than a freedom to me as I always thought....am I really free to do anything in India....I was wrong....I was free.
Here I have a class life...but i want to be back to the same crowed trains and those humble B.E.S.T buses compared to the Merseyrail and ARRIVA bus services...

Here I have the best cuisines I can have, but not the love which is a secret potion which my mum mixes with every dish. I seriously miss the junk food which I thought it was so low to eat and unhealthy.

Evenings...ahhh....it used to be exciting every evening for me in India...going down and biking around Nerul...sipping cutting chai...chit chatting...bird watching (here too..all the way)...coming home and having dinner. Here every evening is dull. Its the same house and same routine to follow. If it comes to hanging around with friends...it would be at anyone's house and doing the same stuff again and again to which our lives are limited to.

Every time I call India...the voices on the other side are so clear..(thanks to the technology)....I wish I could feel them and touch them..Back then, the phone call was just to ask who,where, how and when...now its a lifeline...I feel that I am alive....

All I want is...I want to talk to that crazy lad, eight months back. I wish I could tell him about what he is going to miss out of the excitement of staying abroad. I have the privilege to experience one of the soothing climates on earth. I had felt the climate back at home as harsh but i want to feel it. I want to stand at the Appolo bunder and feel the salty winds on my face...I want to see the beautiful sunset at the Palm beach marg....i want to smell the dust....

When I discuss my plans about me going back home...my friends laugh at me...saying that "you are a fool to leave such a life..".But they will never understand...a heart of a true Mumbaikar...Some of them even caution me...saying that would you be able to cope up with the weather and the changes that have taken place in this time....I don't have an answer 'cause I am dead sure that no one feels uncomfortable in mother's lap....

People say that the grass on the other side is always green. I want to add some more to it. I do accept that it is greener, but at the same time, it is difficult as here to mow it.
Know the importance of your home...sometime or the other you would regret.....

9 comments:

  1. Climate back home is harsh.. but it is home.. and the only place where people will call you their own..!
    And it's in India where you're free to do anything you want..there.. you have rules to follow..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rules are meant to be broken ayyo...I that is what i call freedom at home

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was referring to the rules you HAVE to adhere 'there'..!! Meaning Pardes..! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. u lived outseide home for nearly 5 yrs now...u realise it now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    just stop blabbering...

    ReplyDelete
  5. u can say that...but i could hop and skip to home then....but now the situation is different....which none other than me could sense...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey dear reading ur blog really made me knw the imprtnce of a home.........i wish u goodness with all ma heart........n pray 4 ur welbeing n happiness......tk cr n god blesss.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an emotional post!In all these years we lived abroad we used to have the same feeling.The moment we touch the other part of the world,we wanted to come back.Every year it was the same old story.But now,we are back home and its hard to believe that except for a few friends,we dont miss a thing!It's hard to imagine that i was in the US for 12+ yrs.Every day seemed the same,every evenings the same.I used to say days there are dull,days in India are colorful:).I am not saying it didnt have its own fun part,but home is home no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I had felt the climate back at home as harsh but i want to feel it" though its harsh or smooth, be glad to be bak on mom INDIA ('mom' the techno feel ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  9. rocked the outside world for a looooong time....... now start rockin the home!!!!!!
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    WELCOME bak

    ReplyDelete